After A Car Crash, Do Not Face The Insurance Companies Alone
When you are involved in a car crash, the consequences can be severe: Your vehicle may be damaged or totaled; you may be injured and your injuries may be debilitating; your injuries may force you to miss time from work.
Soon after the crash, and while you are in the midst of trying to sort through and deal with all of this, the insurance company for the responsible driver is harassing you for an interview either in person or on the phone, which they will record, and which they will try to use against you later in the claim process.
When the car crash was not your fault, YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY FROM Edwards Trial Law to help get you through this difficult situation and who will fight for justice on your behalf to be sure you are compensated with every dollar you deserve for all that you have suffered or lost.
Edwards Trial Law, with offices in Danbury and New Britain, Connecticut, proudly represents Connecticut injury victims in all types motor vehicle accidents, including car crashes, truck crashes, motorcycle crashes, uninsured/underinsured motorists claims, as well as crashes involving commercial vehicles, ride-shares and public transit vehicles.
Do’s And Don’ts
When you are involved in a car crash, it is important that you:
- Call the police. It is important to have an official police report as a point of reference.
- Take pictures of the damaged vehicles and the crash scene. These will help document and preserve evidence the police report may have missed.
- Seek appropriate medical treatment. Even if you do not feel any immediate pain, long-term injuries may develop later. Having a formal medical record will be essential if a personal injury claim is necessary.
- Hire us Immediately. Edwards Trial Law is ready to advocate for you and offer our extensive experience and knowledge to help you get the justice you deserve. The sooner you hire us, the sooner we can secure evidence, interview witnesses, photograph the scene and, if indicated, take measurements. Call us at 877-489-8456
Avoid These Common Mistakes:
- Do not give a statement to the insurance company for the responsible party. Insurance companies never have your best interests in mind and may manipulate or trick you and your statement to work in their favor – and save them money. Let an attorney help you through this.
- Do not admit any responsibility or fault to anyone at the scene. If you admit responsibility prematurely, it will be hard to build a case. Tell the truth, but stick to facts and objective statements only.
- Do not rely upon the police to do a thorough investigation. We respect our law enforcement officers as much as anyone else. Our experience repeatedly reminds us, however, that local law enforcement does not always perform the most thorough and accurate of investigations. Particularly if you or anyone of your loved ones have been victims in a car crash with catastrophic injuries or death, it is critical that you contact us immediately so that we can conduct a thorough investigation on your behalf.
- Do not accept a quick settlement offer. When you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to be compensated for all that you have lost and all that you can reasonably anticipate having to suffer from/live with for the rest of your life. You can only make one claim however. No insurance company will give you a settlement without first demanding a signed Release in exchange. If you accept an early settlement, and then learn later that you are suffering from additional injuries you did not originally know about, most of the time you will not be able to go back to the insurance company and make an additional claim.
We Are On Your Side
We at Edwards Trial Law cannot stress enough the importance of hiring a lawyer as early as possible in the process. WE ARE THE FIRM YOU CAN COUNT ON in cases like these. You cannot afford to handle it yourself or to pick the wrong attorney. It could cost you a lot of money.
Contact Us Immediately!
Things move quickly in auto accident cases, so it is important to get an attorney right away. Schedule an initial consultation with us today by calling toll-free at 877-489-8456. You can also get in touch via our contact form. Our offices are located in Danbury and New Britain, but he handle cases throughout the entire state and if our office location is not convenient for you we are happy to set up an initial consultation appointment at a place and time that are convenient for you.